Are you currently searching for the perfect solar string light for your outdoor occasions? Then I must inform you that you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve all been faced with this choice before and now permit me to help you in evading avoidable mistakes when deciding on the best solar string light for you. In this article, we’ll review the top 7 best solar string lights in 2020.
By the end of reading this review, you should be able to discern what kind of solar string lights are the best and those essential qualities to look out for too.
You’ll also have the opportunity to compare with other solar string lights, whether they are worth gracing your backyard or garden. Without further due, let’s go into them.
In a hurry? If you don’t have much time use the links below to quickly find the Best Solar String Lights for you on Amazon. You can be assured we only choose the best products…
- Best Choice: Amir SLO Outdoor String Lights
- Popular Choice: Brightown Shatterproof G40
- Premium Choice: Joomer 2 Pack Globe Lights
Top 7 Best Solar String Lights in 2020
|Solar String Lights||Name and Brand||Key Feature||Our Rating||Price|
|Brightech Ambience Pro||Easy to install||4.5||$$$|
|Amir SL0 Outdoor Solar String Lights||Easy to use||3.9||$|
|Foxlux Waterproof Pergola||Value for money||4||$$$$|
|Joomer LED 8 Modes Outdoor Solar String Lights||Weatherproof||4||$|
|Joomer 2 Pack Globe Lights||Easy to install||3.9||$|
|Brightown Shatterproof G40||Durability||4||$$|
|Toodour 8 Mode LED Lights||Weatherproof||3.8||$|
- 27ft in length, contains 12 bulbs spaced 20 inches.
- Last up to 8-10 hours.
- Fully charge in 6 hours
- Vintage or soft white light at 3000K.
- Shatterproof 1 watt LED
- Complete three years warranty.
This 27-foot long vintage Edison bulb emanates a soft white light at 3000K, which creates a bistro ambience on your patio.
This is great as it reduces the light intensity to where it is just enough for your guests to enjoy a cool-lit garden or patio.
It contains 12 hanging S14 bulbs spaced 20 inches, aside from the lamp close to the solar plug, which is 7ft. It has a control switch located at the back of the panel.
This outdoor string light has a life-span of about 20,000 hours.
Interestingly, with 6 hours of full charging by the solar panel, it can last up to 8-10 hours, which could be throughout the entire night.
It is encased in a silicon layer, ensuring the protection of its 1W LED. Its shatterproof plastic shells with 12°F provides heat resistance.
Its WeatherTite Technology, ensure that harsh weather conditions like rain and snow winds can be tolerated, up to 50MPH.
This outdoor solar light can be decorated with the rings over each bulb, which can take hooks or guide wires to create straight or scalloped styles for your outdoor party.
One thing worth mentioning about it is that this outdoor solar light is not durable despite the additional robust designs. Nonetheless, it is worth the try.
- Can withstand harsh conditions
- Long battery life
- Not durable
- 100 LED Fairy lights, 33ft long.
- Warm white color.
- All-round or 360-degree viewing angle.
- Waterproof Solar lights and Solar panel.
This outdoor solar light has 100 LED fairy lights mounted on 33ft high-quality copper wire, and it is the brightest among these lights reviewed in this article.
The Amir SLO Outdoor String Lights is 12-16 inches from the first bulb to the solar panel, with an all-round or 360-degree function that allows you to see its bright lights from every direction.
It has a warm white glow that can be used for parties, in your gardens, and even in your home.
Also, its high-quality wires are made with thin and copper wiring and coiled with bobbin winder to avoid tangling. They are almost invisible, leaving only the fairy light.
It is very flexible and easy to shape, which can be wrapped around Christmas trunks and also for gazebos.
Just like the previously reviewed outdoor solar string light, it is made off a high-quality copper wire (low voltage, no transformer included) and is easy to store and make it ready for the next use.
Also, it is environmentally- friendly with high energy conversion rate, durable, and safe to use.
This string light has 2 Switch Buttons – POWER ON/OFF. Auto on at dusk, auto off by a day. MODE (Steady on / Flashing).
It’s also water Resistant -both the string lights and the solar panel are IP65 Waterproof. This means that you don’t have to worry about using them in the rain.
One thing that stands out about this product is that it’s easy to shape as it has flexible copper wiring that can easily form the different kinds of shapes you want.
This makes it great for wrapping around tree trunks or gazebos as the wires even fade to invisible in the dark, leaving only the bright lights.
- Invisible durable wire that’s great for outdoor decorations
- Flexible and durable.
- Overall best choice
- Complaints about it getting delivered with a shorter and lesser number of LEDs
- A few reports of faulty batteries.
- 48ft LED, 15 sockets with a spare S14 Edison Bulbs
- Shatterproof and Waterproof
- Warm and Cold light
- 2200K warm light
- Charged for 6 hours and used for 6 hours
- The lifespan of 2500 hours
- Comes with stakes or clips
The Foxlux Waterproof Pergola string light is a 48ft LED that’s also both Weatherproof and Shatterproof.
This string light is made with plastic surfaces to prevent it from easily breaking when it hits a harder surface.
It’s durable with an average lifespan of 2500 hours. It is equipped with new technology to conserve energy by reducing consumption.
The Foxlux Pergalo lights charge to full battery for about the same amount of time but lasts for 6 hours. This means it may not be ideal for outdoor events that may last throughout a long night.
- Long life span
- Relatively lesser battery life.
- It does not stay on but blinks several times before going off
- 72ft 200 LED Fairy lights
- Two switches and eight modes to satisfy the occasion
- Weatherproof and retains last memory of style used
- Comes with a stake
- Solar panel to the first bulb is 6ft long
- 8 Light Sequences
- Reports have been that sometimes only a few of the methods are functioning.
- Lights are dimmed.
This outdoor solar string light is 72ft long containing 200 LED lights; this comes in handy if you do not want to keep attaching string lights to decorate your patio.
It is entirely waterproof, and weatherproof just like other outdoor solar string lights.
Furthermore, it comes with a stake that can help make installation very easy, and it is 6ft long from the first bulb to the solar panel.
Also, it comes with two switches and does not need battery re-installation as there have been no reports concerning fault batteries.
Its fairy lights a warm atmosphere for Christmas trees, weddings, and any other event.
It also comes with 8 Modes of light sequence, which are;
- Random: this randomly changes from mode 2 to mode 7.
- In Wave: Changes wave from dim to bright repeatedly at two different speeds.
- Sequentially: Flashes sequentially and alternately in 4 speeds.
- Slo-Glo: also called Go-Slow, every single light slowly fades from bright repeatedly in 3 speeds.
- Chasing/Flash: Flashes in a rush with lighting in a wave.
- Slow Fade: All lights flashing simultaneously and slowly fades out.
- Twinkle/Flash: Starry flashing, which makes the Fairy Lights appearance magical.
- Stays steady on: just like most of the outdoor lights.
It also has a memory, so you do not have to keep changing modes when you turn the lights on.
- 8 distinct modes
- Does not need battery replacement
- Few customer complaints about modes not functioning
- 20ft long, 30 LED
- IP65 Waterproof
- White light and memory function
- Auto on/off solar control by light sensors
- Two switches and eight different modes
- The globe size is 1-inch in diameter, and the length between 2 bulbs is 0.5ft and 6.5ft apart from the first bulb to the solar panel.
- It is entirely sun dependent.
Joomer 2 pack globe light is a 20ft long with 30 LED lights; this is for people who do not want excessively long outdoor solar string lights.
Its bright white light is a perfect alternative from a series of warm sun, which makes it ideal for occasions that go into the night.
This outdoor string light is also an IP65 waterproof light, with a globe look that can be used as a center stage light.
The globe size is an inch in diameter, and the length between two bulbs is 0.5ft; it is also 6.5ft apart from the first bulb to the solar panel.
Additionally, just like the previous outdoor solar string light, it has two switches and eight modes with a memory function.
However, it has automatic solar control with light sensors. This means that if there is enough sunlight to charge, it automatically switches off the lights and charge instead.
The Joomer 2 pack globe light is entirely sunned dependent, meaning that if there is not enough sunlight, it will not produce enough power, which may end up causing damage to the lights due to excessive use without proper charging.
- Alternative charge option for solar
- Lights may get damaged when there’s not enough sunlight to charge
- 24ft, 12inches between the G40 bulbs
- Shatterproof with durable plastic
- IP44 Waterproof and weatherproof
- E12 base at 2700k
- Solar and USB charging option
- Charges in 4-8 hours and used for 16 hours
- 180 degree adjustable panels
- designed with four alternative modes which are the quick flash, steady light, slow flash, pulsating light, four fabulous lighting modes
- Light sensors
- Energy savings with 1W per LED bulbs.
This outdoor solar string light is an E12 base, 24ft long warm white light at 2700K.
The length is great for customizing your lights arrangement.
One feature of the Brightown Shatterproof G40 is that it can be charged with either USB option or solar. This makes it an excellent opportunity to use it in cloudy days when there’s minimal exposure to sunlight. This string light functions at a full charge for an impressive 16 hours.
This solar string light is also equipped with 180 degree adjustable panels that are great for ensuring that a wide area is covered.
Each G40 bulb is 12 inches apart and they’re also equipped with light sensors that regulate it.
The Brightown Shatterproof string light is connected to several strands that make it easy to install anywhere outdoor.
In addition, the light is connected to a dimmer meaning that you can regulate its brightness to suit different outdoor occasions.
- Waterproof and weatherproof
- High energy conservation rate
- Not durable
- 50 LED, 29.5ft (including 6.56 lead cable), the bulb spacing:5.9 inches.
- Eight modes and two switches
- IP65 Waterproof crystal ball 1.0 inch in diameter
- Warm white
- Memory function
- 18 months warranty
- 0.1W for each bulb
The Toodour LED Light is a 29.5ft long string light with eight modes and two switches.
It is guaranteed waterproof (IP65 Waterproof Crystall ball), and it emanates a warm white light that will do an excellent job of brightening up your outdoor area.
This solar string light is also weatherproof which means it can withstand heavy rains as well as windy weathers.
One other thing about the Toodour LED solar string light that stands out is its built in memory chip that recalls your last mode input. This saves you from the stress of resetting the mode every time.
The light is controlled by the light sensors so you will have to cover the solar panels if you want it to light up during the day.
The light is easy to install and the batteries do not require replacements at all.
- Waterproof and weatherproof
- High energy conservation rate
- Not durable
By now, you should have a good idea of what particular string lights are best fitted for brightening up your planned outdoor event or vicinity. When picking out the best solar string light in 2020, the easiest way to make your decision is by finding a product that checks both boxes for “relevant function” and “affordability.”
Also, you may want to pay close attention to your specific patio or garden lighting needs before setting out to buy a solar string light.
Another thing to put into consideration is the durability of the product; you should place more relevance on those lights with special protective features like waterproof, shatterproof, and weatherproof.
Also, lights with unique properties like automatic control over light switch using lights sensors, are of higher importance. You should also compare the charge time and battery life of all the lights reviewed to make a more informed buying decision.
Overall, the outdoor solar string lights reviewed in this article are some of the best in the market in 2020